Swimming Pool Landscaping
Because of the economy, families are staying at home and entertaining in their back yards more than ever. Swimming pools bring the beach home for the summer. A swimming pool is the ultimate focal point and centerpiece for backyard entertaining. Browse our photo gallery of pool landscaping ideas or pool landscaping pictures online to get an idea of what kind of style suits you.
We service Wilmington, Claymont, Newark, Hockessin and Greenville Delaware as well as Garnet Valley, West Chester, Chadds Ford and Kennett Square Pennsylvania and neighboring cities in DE, PA.
Pool Landscape Ideas
The landscape surrounding the pool deck should be full of color and should be designed with seasonal interest plantings. It is a good idea to hire a professional designer to complete a design for you before you begin your pool. This will help you create a pool landscaping plan that will save you money by preserving the existing plants and using the pool dirt for mounding.
Here some pool landscape ideas and some tips on shrubs for pool landscaping:
- Use rock landscaping and boulders, they don't require any maintenance.
- Put in as many native plants as possible. They will grow well and won't require as much maintenance. Remember to put colorful and fragrant plants near sitting areas.
- Include flowers that attract Humming Birds and Butterflies
- Consider where the pool equipment, air conditioner and garbage cans are, and use your landscaping to hide them. At the same time consider the practical aspect because you will still need easy access to your equipment.
- Avoid planting trees that will drop leaves into the pool.
- Shelter delicate plants from winds and hot sun by using fencing as a buffer.
- If you have a great view from your pool, consider how high your trees and shrubs will grow so that you don't block your view.
- Use evergreens if they grow well in your region. They require minimal care and are easy to clean up.
- Use Tropical plants around water features.
- Install an automatic pool cover for easy cover up to keep your pool clean. This is especially helpful during storms or bad weather.